Level – Postgraduate
Duration – 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats – 30
Applicants must be graduates in any discipline and should qualify the entrance exam conducted by the university.
About the Programme
Print media holds an important role in lives of billions of individuals, providing the latest news every single morning and evening. M.A. (Journalism) programme focuses on different aspects of print journalism such as writing, reporting, editing, and the study of modern media.
- To develop competent professionals with thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of journalism & communications.
- To foster original scholarly work in the discipline of journalism.
- To enrich the understanding of journalism and the media by inquiring into, and forging linkages with, related disciplines.
If you are curious and have a nose for news with good writing skills, and wish to pursue a career in the unpredictable yet wondrous world of news writing, this course is for you.
Career path you can choose after the course
- Associate or Assistant Editor
- Reporter and Correspondent
- Freelance Journalist
- Magazine Journalist