Master of Arts (Broadcast Journalism) [MA(BJ)]
Level – Postgraduate
Duration – 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats – 30
Passed graduation in any discipline from recognized university.
This postgraduate programme in broadcast journalism imparts creative and professional skills required for journalistic and editorial jobs in broadcast journalism (radio, television and online channels). After completion of the programme, students can make their career and recognition as a specialized media person in this field. Students can get specialization in production of news and diversed programme in television, radio and broadcast media.
- To provide theoretical, conceptual, technical, trade and creative understanding and skills required for the current broadcast media industry (television, radio and online broadcast media).
- To develop skills in reporting, editing, anchoring, news production and bulletin production in broadcast media – television, radio and online media.
- To inculcate qualities of skilled and competent broadcaster in students, along with public interest and investigative broadcast journalism.
- To develop analytical ability of regional, national, international issues among students and to enrich skills to present facts from a research point of view.
If you have a nose for news, have good writing skills and wish to make a career in this challenging field of news writing and move on, this programme is for you.
Career path you can choose after the course
- Reporter, copy editor, editor for radio and television channels.
- Voice over artist, radio jockey, news anchor.
- Producer for promos, documentaries and advertising films.
- Camera person, video editor, panel and broadcast producer.
- Independent journalist / producer, self-employed venture, innovative media startup.