Master of Science (Electronic Media) [MSc(EM)]
Level – Postgraduate
Duration – 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats – 30
Passed graduation in any discipline from recognized university.
This post-graduation programme imparts theoretical and practical knowledge required for the production and operation of television, radio and online broadcast media. Through this programme, students can acquire technical and professional skills required in the electronic media industry. After completing the programme, students can pursue a career in this field as a skilled media person. Students can get jobs in creative and technical fields of television, radio and online media.
- To impart technical and operational informational regarding television and radio to students.
- To make students proficient in the operation of newsroom production and editing.
- To develop skills such as camera operation, reporting, editing, anchoring, while enhancing efficient in production, management and operation in television, radio and online medium.
- To develop electronic media professionals dedicated to journalistic values and sensitive to the society.
If you have a nose for news, have good writing skills and wish to make a career in this challenging field of news writing and move on, this programme is for you.
Career path you can choose after the course
- Reporter, copy editor, editor for radio and television channels.
- Voice over artist, radio jockey, news anchor.
- Producers for promos, documentaries and advertising films.
- Camera person, video editor, panel and broadcast producer.
- Freelance journalist / producer, owner of own production house and innovative media startup.