Master of Science (New Media) [MSc(NM)]
Level – Postgraduate
Duration – 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats – 20
Eligibility – Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
About the Programme
M.Sc. (New Media) is 2 year post-graduate programme with its own strength and unique features in media studies.
The media industry is changing rapidly from traditional media to web-based, interactive and digital media as a result of digitalization, globalization, web connectivity and social media. This leads to media organizations requirement for online media specialists to engage audience. In media studies M.Sc. (NM) programme is introduced to fulfill above requirements.
The M.Sc. (NM) Programme provides an ideal pathway to a successful career across new media. The Programme structure and content has a strong emphasis on understanding the traditional media, along with the range of different concepts and technical skills required to create, deliver, analyze and present content for contemporary media.
- To inculcate basics of communication and journalism.
- To equip with skills for data, web and mobile journalism.
- To understand theoretical, practical and technical aspects of new media with creative and critical thinking.
- To empower the learner into skilled professional for new media content creation.
- Production and analysis for various new media platforms.
- To prepare students to work as entrepreneurs, researchers as individual or in team, with professional & media ethics.
If you are creative, dynamic, have a good command over language and wish to use technology for new media content production & communication, then this course is for you.
Career path you can choose after the course
- Online News Producer.
- Content Writer.
- Graphic Designer.
- Online Journalist.
- Technical Editor.
- Social Media.
- Content Generator.
- Data Analysis & Visulization.
- New Media Research.