BA (Hons) Mass Communication- [BA(MC)]
Duration: 3+1 Years (8 Semesters)
Seats – 50
10+2 from a recognized educational board.
About the Programme:
This programme is intended to provide a broad learning framework within which Mass Communication ,Journalism and the human capital programs respond to needs of the dynamic Media and Entertainment Industry (M & E Industry). This programme aims at creating understanding of the core concepts of communication, the knowledge of new communication technologies and the responsibility towards society. This is a four-year degree programme for students who want to do research. Those who want to go into any job, they will have to do only three years degree programme and those who want to go into research can do direct PhD after four years degree programme with one year MA, they will not need M.Phil.
- To impart students an understanding of the mass communication and prepare socially responsible Media Academicians, Researchers, Professionals with Global vision.
- To develop the learner into competent and efficient Media & Entertainment Industry- ready professional.
- To impart Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) skills, including Digital and Media Literacy and competencies.
- To encourage quality academic research and provide access to holistic and multidisciplinary education to the students.
- To imbibe the Culture of Research, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Incubation.
If you are creative, passionate and have good language skills and are keen to pursue a career in a variety of fields like advertising, public relation, electronic media, print media, research and social responsibility of media industries than this programme is for you.
Career path you can choose after the course:
- TV Correspondent
- Radio Jockey
- Photo Journalist
- Event Manager
- Public Relations Officer
- Content writer
- News Agencies
- Advertising Agencies