Bachelor of Science (Electronic Media) [BSc(EM)]
Level – Under Graduate
Duration – 3 years (6 semesters)
Seats – 40
Passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) or equivalent examination from recognized board in any subject.
This undergraduate programme imparts introductory theoretical and practical knowledge required for the production and operation of various mass media such as television, radio and online media. Students can acquire technical and professional skills required in electronic media. After completing the programme, students can pursue a career in this field as a skilled professional. Students can develop content creatively and present it technically in television, radio and online media and entertainment sector. After this programme, students can get admission in post graduation programme for specialization after completing graduation in this programme.
- To impart skills for camera operation, reporting, editing, anchoring and special programme production for television, radio and online media.
- To provide introductory knowledge of production, management and operation in electronic media institutions.
- To develop an analytical understanding about mass media and its interrelations with society.
- To enhance understanding and analytical perspective about regional, national and international contemporary issues.
If you have a nose for news, have good writing skills and wish to make a career in this challenging field of news writing and move on, this programme is for you.
Career path you can choose after the course
- Reporter, copy editor, editor for radio and television channels.
- Voice over artist, radio jockey, news anchor.
- Producer for promos, documentaries and short films.
- Camera person, video editor, panel and broadcast producer.
- Freelance journalist / producer, entrepreneur in innovative media startup.