Bachelor of Science (Multimedia) [BSc(MM)] (Honors)
Level – Undergraduate
Duration – 3 or 4 years (6 or 8 semesters)
Seats – 40
Eligibility – 10+2 level from a Recognized Board.
About the Programme:
B.Sc. Hons in Multimedia is based on “National Education Policy (NEP) 2020”, which is set to bring drastic changes in the education system of the country. Flexible Degree options, Interdisciplinary Subject choices, Unique exit options have been implemented as per the new education policy. This Six or Eight semester undergraduate program, introduces a solid foundation about multimedia and its various application areas. Multimedia will help to improve computer/mobile penetration and increased internet connectivity in various spheres of life. The various formats of technological or digital multimedia aims at enhancing the users’ experience by conveying information easier and faster.
The Programme has compulsory core courses and elective core courses including Aesthetics and Technicality of Design, Foundational Components of Multimedia, Editing of Image, Audio and Video, 2D & 3D Animation, Visual Effects, Visualization of Data, Web Technology, Writing for New Media, E- Publishing and Entrepreneurship Management. Animation for Gaming, AI and Robotics, Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), Visual Effects (VFX), UI and UX, Big Data, Data Analytics for Journalism, Social Media Analytics, Cyber Security, Search Engine Optimization and Digital Marketing in addition to other courses. This program is highly recommended for students who are creative and desire state-of-the-art skills in multimedia content creation, or interested in pursuing Research in Multimedia.
The following exit options are available in BSc:MM (Hons)
|After Completion of||
|Students can obtain Certificate/Diploma / Degree (Hons) accordingly|
|“Certificate in Multimedia”|
|“Diploma in Multimedia”|
|“3 years B.Sc (Hons) in Multimedia”|
|“4 years B.Sc (Hons) in Multimedia with Research”
“4 years B.Sc (Hons) in Multimedia”
B.Sc. Hons in Multimedia program is designed with the following educational objectives:
- To provide modular inputs related to Multimedia Content and Technologies.
- To understand the essentials of Mass Communication, and the Visual Design and Technical aspects of Multimedia components in Communication.
- To develop Digital Content Production skills, applicable for media and entertainment industry.
- To develop the technical skills and ethical sense, necessary for producing multimedia content.
- To develop research and analytical skills for internet based media content like Big Data.
- To have understanding of interdisciplinary exposure through Generic Elective courses.
Career path you can choose after the programme:
- Graphics Designer
- Photo Journalist
- Video Editor
- Content Editor
- Social Media Manager
- Web Designer
- Graphics Artist
- Visual Content Creator and many more