Bachler of Science (Film and Cinema Studies) [BSc(FCS)](Honors/Research)
Level – Graduate Programme
Duration – 4 years (8 semesters)
Structure – 3+1 year (Multiple Entry/Exit options) (NEP-2020)
Seats – 30
Applicant must be Higher Secondary passed in any discipline from recognised Board.
About the Programme:
This Undergraduate Programmeis intrically designed for young aspirants of film design &thinking. The curriculum is blend of theory & practice that equips students with required skill for the field.
This three four yearprogramme opens up the numerous career options of the industry & academic. Students can also apply for advanced specialized courses thereafter.
- To prepare students in the production aspects of Film, Television & New Media, as required by the present media environment all across globe.
- To empower the students in the production & managerial aspects of the media business with due emphasis on latest production techniques, along with marketing and branding management of various media products and associated services.
- To develop creative temperament and mindset needed in the content production segment of media industry.
- To inculcate competencies thereby enabling to undertake professional work.
- To provide an active industry interface by way of co‐learning.
- To take the students through the entire pipe line of production process with regards to the content creation for various media pads, providing the students an insight in to the correlation that exists between content creation and associated commercial aspects of media business.
- Good conceptual understanding of subjects including Communication, Film Production, Cinematography, Editing, Direction, Audiography& Research Methodology.
- Research and Reasoning aptitude for any strategic communication planning and execution of Film & Communication Studies programs.
- Creative and reflective thinking for ideation based on self learning& digital competency.
- Analytical and problem solving skill for challenging situations of the profession.
- Independently work with high competency and morality in Film Production in the roles of Script and Screenplay, Director and Researchers.
- Creative Direction
- Digital Media Expert
- Film Communication
- Advertisement Film Maker
- Film Editor
- Producer & Production Manager