Masters of Computer Application (MCA)
Masters of Computer Application (MCA Lateral Entry)
Level – Postgraduate
MCA – 3 years
MCA (LE) – 2 years
MCA – 3 years: Applicants should be graduate with minimum 50% marks, and should have studied mathematics at graduation or seniorsecondary level.
MCA (LE) – 2 years: BCA, B.Sc. (IT/Comp. Sc.) of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or graduation. Applicants should have obtained 50% (45% for SC/ ST) marks at graduate level.
About the Programme
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a three/ two years post graduate programme based on the development of application software in diverse areas of information technology. The syllabus of MCA is designed to meet the growing demand of qualified professionals in the field of information and computer technology and also provides the latest industrial elective courses and project work. It comprises of the core subjects like database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like C, C++, .NET and Java. Students also get exposure to advanced topics like cyber security, mobile software, IOT, data science etc. Elective papers help students to have an exposure in Cloud Computing, Big Data and Information Security related subjects.
- To empower students with basic skills of various technologies focused on conceptual framework.
- To develop the ability to identify, critically analyse, formulate and develop computer applications.
- To enable the students to select modern computing tools and techniques, and use them with dexterity.
If you are looking for challenging roles in the IT industry, computer science research, web and mobile development, data analysis, information security etc., this course is for you.
Career path you can choose after the course
- Software Developer / Programmer
- Systems Analyst
- Software Application Architect
- Computer Support Service Specialist
- Database Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Web Designer & Developer
- Network Administrator