Master of Science (Information & Cyber Security) [M.Sc. (ICS)]
Level – Postgraduate
Duration – 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats – 20
Passed Undergraduate (or Postgraduate) degree with Computer / Electronics specialization from any Recognised University. OR Passed Engineering degree (Any Branch/Discipline) from any Recognised University. OR Passed any Undergraduate degree along with Diploma in Computers from any Recognised University.
About the Programme
IT sector has grown tremendously over the past few years. Such is its extent of growth that we’ve become dependent on IT systems for important activities. For example, we totally rely on IT systems for purposes such as – communication, banking, education, entertainment, Governance, business, transportation, medical systems etc.
The safety of information/data is of utmost importance to IT enabled firms, services and systems. If the data is taken care of by a skilled Information security professional, it will remain safe. If not managed properly, the data can get leaked and fall into the wrong hands. Data loss, leakage and theft are some of the common problems faced by the IT system today.
In today’s cyber world, it is important for every cyber citizen to understand and appreciate cyber security as it has becomes an essential aspects of our daily life. This Masters programme provides learners with concepts of computer and Information security, cryptography, digital money, secure protocols for Internet Security, Intrusion detection and other security techniques.
- To understand cyber security principles, security architecture, attacks, incidents, ethics and emerging IT Security Technologies.
- To gain knowledge of key terms and concepts in cyber law, Security Standards, intellectual property rights and Acts on IT Security.
- To understand of security policies including confidentiality, integrity, availability etc to implement them.
- To work with of security protocols to implement them.
- To understand cyber crimes and fraudulent activities over the Internet applications.
- To implement solutions forsecuring the Internet connections and transactions.
Career path you can choose after the course
- After successful completion of this programme, the learners are expected to excel in their careers as:
- Information &Cyber Security Experts.
- Information &Cyber Security Analyst.
- Systems and Networks Security Professional.
- IT Security Officer.
- IT Infrastructure Analyst.
- Quality and Security Analyst.