Master of Science (New Media) [MSc(NM)]
Level – Postgraduate
Duration – 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats – 30
Eligibility – Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.
About the Programme
M.Sc. (New Media), 2-year (four semesters) post-graduate program with its own strength and unique features in New Media studies. The program is designed with Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) scheme. The media industry is changing rapidly from traditional media to web-based, interactive and digital media as a result of increasing growth and transformation in digitalization, internet connectivity and social media. The increasing scope of New Media in the fast emerging digital world and the new media organizations requirement for online media specialists to engage audiences leads to the need for shaping up of M.Sc New Media.
M.Sc. (NM) Program provides clear understanding in New Media Content Design & Generation, Layout, Editing and Publishing for Digital Platforms. The Program Structure and Content emphasize on understanding Online Media, along with the exposure to Data Journalism, New Media Research, Big Data Analytics and technical skills required to create, analyze, present, and deliver content for contemporary New Media.
The courses enable the students to use technology for New Media content production independently, integrating the content for different mediums and marketing for distribution. With these skills, the student can excel as an employee or entrepreneur for his/her own business platform.
M.Sc. (New Media) program is designed with the following educational objectives:
- To inculcate the basics of New Media Communication and Technology, along with skills for Data Analytics, Web, Social Media and Mobile Journalism.
- To make the Students ready for Digital Media Industry.
- To understand theoretical, practical and technical aspects of New Media Content and Critical Thinking.
- To empower the Students into skilled professionals for New Media Content Creation, Publishing and Marketing.
- To prepare the Students to work as Entrepreneurs Professionals, Researchers, as individual or in team, with Media & Professional Ethics.
Career path you can choose after the programme
- Content Editor
- Content Writer
- Graphic Designer
- Online News Producer
- Online Journalist
- Technical Editor
- Social Media Analyst
- Data Analyst & Visualiser
- New Media Research.