Post Graduate Diploma in Political Communication (PGDPC)
Level: PG Diploma
Duration: 01 years (02 semesters)
Applicant must be graduate in any discipline from any recognised University.
About the Programme:
The PG Diploma Course in Political Communication is designed to provide conceptual understanding as well practical training to young professionals who are interested to work in various fields relating to political and government system. The programme provides students with an understanding of Mass Communication and its applications with political system. The curriculum provides training in basic skills in different areas of mass communication and prepares professionals to possess the ability to produce, present and disseminate information in accordance with the high standards of media organisations, political or administrative system, NGOs and others.
- To provide in-depth understanding of Indian political system and values of our constitution as well idea of India conceived by freedom fighters.
- To provide in-depth understanding of the concept, role and use of mass communication and social media with reference to political system
- To provide in-depth understanding of our Parliamentary and Electoral system, political survey, Administrative system and governance including local self governance
- To provide in-depth understanding of fundamental and legal rights and entitlements, flagship schemes
- To train the students for writing news, press release, political speech, preparing questions for parliament and assembly
- To train students to use prepare communication strategy and to use social media platforms
- To empower students with strong academic knowledge and professional skills to enable them to excel in their profession.
If you are passionate, creative, have good communication skills and wish to pursue a career in a variety of ﬁelds in traditional news media and publishing, advertising, public relations or web journalism, then this programme is for you.
Career path you can choose after the course:
- Reporter/Editor in Print, Electronic or Web Journalism.
- Public Relations Ofﬁcer.
- Content Writer.
- Communication Expert in NGOs.
- Political Advisor.
- Personal Assistant to Politicians.
- Media/Social Media Incharge in Political Parties.
- Media/Social Media Incharge in Government Organisation.