Bachelor of Arts Honours (Mass Communication) BA(MC) Hon’s
Level: Graduation with Honours
Duration: 3+1 Years ( 8 Semesters)
Passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) or equivalent examination from recognized board in any subject.
About the Programme:
BA(Hons) MC programme is based on “National Education Policy (NEP) 2020”. Multiple entry and exit options with appropriate certifications are introduced in this programme. This programme is intended to provide a broad learning framework within which Mass Communication, Journalism and the human capital programs respond to needs of the dynamic Media and Entertainment Industry (M & E Industry). It aims to prepare professionals with ability to meet the challenges and pursue successful careers in varied fields of Media and Entertainment Industry. This programme aims at creating understanding of the core concepts of communication, the knowledge of new communication technologies and the responsibility towards society.
The following are the Entry and Exit options available in this Programme:
After completion of
|Students can obtain “Certificate/Diploma/Degree(Hons)/Degree (Hons) with Research” accordingly|
|Certificate in Mass Communication|
|Diploma in Mass Communication|
|Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Mass Communication (3 years)|
|Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Mass Communication with Research (4 years)|
- To impart students an understanding of the mass communication and to develop them into socially responsible Media Professionals, Researchers, Academicians with Global vision.
- To develop the learner into competent and efficient Media & Entertainment Industry- ready professional.
- To impart Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) skills, including Digital and Media Literacy and competencies.
- To encourage quality academic research and provide access to holistic and multidisciplinary education to the students.
- To imbibe the Culture of Research, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Incubation.
Career path you can choose after completion of this Programme:
- TV Correspondent
- Radio Jockey
- Photo journalist
- Event Manager
- Public Relations Officer
- Content writer
- News Agencies
- Advertising Agencies