Diploma in Computer Application (DCA)
Duration: 1 Year (2 Semester)
Eligibility: Passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10 + 2) or equivalent examination from recognized board in any subject.
About the Programme:
Diploma in Computer Applications is a one-year diploma program that aims to make students study computer applications in depth in a shorter period of time.The DCA program imparts scientific, practical and technical knowledge to its learners about various computer tools that are used in day to day life.
The main objective of DCA is to provide an in depth knowledge in computers by touching the subjects like microsoft tools, operating systems, aspects of internet and other relevant topics.
- The applications and the programs taught make tasks simpler and provide ease of use to its users.
- A computer programmer or operator usually enjoys a higher demand for everything becoming technologically advanced.
- Application of this programme are used at shops for preparing a database for all the items including their serial numbers, price and quantity ratios.
- Passouts of this course are required to handle large data starting from back door operating to storing all sorts of information of an organization.
Career path you can choose after the programme:
Students can opt for a variety of career options after completing this program. A computer operator can get a job in any office setting as a receptionist or accountant. Other than that, numerous career options are open such as:
- Networking & Internetworking field
- Database Development & Administration field
- Programming – Development tools, languages
- Technical writing
- Software design & engineering
On completion of this course, some of the most popular career options for students are:
- Computer Operator
- Web Designer
- Software Developer
- C++ developer