Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Journalism (PGDRJ)
Level: Post Graduate Diploma
Duration:1 Year (2 Semester)
Eligibility: Applicant must be graduate in any discipline from recognized University
About the Programme:
Pedagogy of the programme will be entirely field based on practicals and applications based learning and teaching . Programme will enable students to produce and present News reports , articles, videos , community radio programmes, audio clips, and reports for a creative intervention in the society.
- To develop student’s understanding, sensitivity and perspective on rural society so that they could report, analyze and engage in meaningful intervention to contribute towards the integral development of the rural society.
- To acquaint the student with the working of different media like Print, Electronic & New Media.
- To develop Research aptitude, attitude and research skills to understand Media and to make use of them.
- To develop writing skills needed for News papers, Magazines, Radio, T.V. and web Journalism in different formats.
- To develop understanding perspective on the role, function and impact of Media in society.
- Specific Focus on hands on learning.
- Specific Focus on works produced by students.
- Focus on Assessment that evaluates students on the basis of assignments , projects, different kind of writings and productions.
Career path you can choose after the programme:
- Reporters and Feature Writer, Columnists
- Political Analyst, Media Advisor and Media Educators
- Development Journalist, Development Communication Professional, Manager of Development Programme, Rural Health Professional, Rural Environment Protection Professional, Rural Capacity Development Professional
- Copy Writer, Feature Writer and Freelancers
- Film Maker, Blogger Web Professional,
- Community Radio Professional,
- Woman and Child Health Professional